- Published on : 14 August 2008 at 14:54 UTC
- Lionel Eppe
When you want to empty the recycle bin, Windows will display the message "Do you really want to delete 'Windows' ?".
This error usually due to the removal of a damaged (or corrupted) file.
Solution 1 :
- Delete unnecessary files. Create a new file if you wish to delete then.
- Go to the basket
- Select the file that you just sent to the trash
- Press the "Delete" button (or Delete)
Trash is now completely empty and Windows will no longer display the message. If this message comes, go to solution 2.
Solution 2 :
1) Start your computer in safe mode.
2) With the right mouse button click on a folder named Recycled.
3) Rename it to what you want.
A new folder named Recycled will be automatically created.
4) Open the folder that you renamed.
5) Delete the files then this directory.
Source: hotline-pc.org (this site no longer exists)