SimCity 4 provided settings for :
- Start the game window (in the desired resolution)
- Run the game in a custom resolution (not proposed by default in the game)
- Automatically disable introduction (EA Games ...)
- Turn off the music and / or sounds of the game
To start the game with the settings, you will inevitably create a shortcut to the "SimCity 4.exe" file.
If you want to run this game in SimCity 4, it will be necessary that you follow our tutorial : SimCity 4 (Deluxe Edition) - Installation under Windows 8.
To do this, go to the Apps folder located in the game folder.
- C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\ under 64-bit)
Right click on the "SymCity 4.exe" file and click "Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut)".
Then right click -> Properties on the shortcut has been added to your desktop.
In the first box (named : Target), you can add the parameters (leaving a space before each time).
Here are the parameters :
- Start the game window (in the desired resolution) :
- Start the game in a custom resolution (not proposed by default in the game). This parameter is for run the game with a 1680x1050 resolution and 32-bit color mode.
- Automatically disable the introduction (E.A. Games ...) :
- Turn off the music game :
- Turn off game sounds :
- Force the game to use only one processor (one heart) :