To extract a video (for example : a episode of a serie, or any other video) recording from the TV with a DVD burner, there is software to extract them but with a slow computer (1 GHz) you would take hours and hours, again why take hours if you can simply copy / paste (which we take a few minutes while it copies files) files which are infact called VOB video files to MPEG kind.
Warning : This process also works if multiple video are recorded but it would make the tutorial most complicated.
- After recording the video of the TV
- Put your DVD into the DVD drive of the computer
- Then go to the "VIDEO_TS" folder
- And copy the file "VTS_01_1.VOB", "VTS_01_2.VOB", etc. (the number of "VTS_01_X.VOB" files depends on the length of the video)
- The size of each file is 0.99 Go but there is a way to convert later and compressed with software (following the procedure below)
- Now that you have your video in VOB format (in pieces)
Just follow this procedure :
- Download the software "HT MPEG Encoder 7.0" (software limited to 30 days)
- Start the software.
- Click on "+".
- Change the extension ".VOB" to ".mpg" (The VOB file is actually an MPEG2 file).
- Select the "VTS_01_1.MPG" file.
- Go to the "AVI" tab.
- Next to "Video compressor", select "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" (if "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" isn't in the list, then select another codec "XviD"or "DivX").
- Next to "Resolution" put that in your video if it isn't the case.
- Next to "target" select the folder where you want to save your video.
- Once the video converted, you get a ".avi" video makes roughly half the size of the ".mpg" file.
- (If you had only one .VOB file" at the start, you don't need to continue)
- If you have multiple .VOB files, you need to do the same things for other files starting with step "Click "+" to "Next to target ...".
- Once all VTS_01_*.mpg files converted, you get several ".avi" video files. (You can close the software) "avi"..
- Now that you have your video in multiple .avi files, you can edit every piece of video with "VirtualDub" (To remove the ads, for example).
- (If you don't need to edit your videos, go to the next step.)
- Download "VirtualDub", then go to the "File" tab. Then click "Open Video File".
- Put the cursor at the beginning of what you want to delete and click
- Then, put the cursor at the end of what you want to delete and click
- (To delete the sequence or pub entirely (precisely), use the left and right arrow keys)
- Once the sequence selected, press "delete".
- Go to the "Video" tab and click on "Compression ...".
- In the list, select "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" (if "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" isn't in the list then select another codec : "XviD" or "DivX").
- Now go to the "File" tab and click "Save as AVI ...".
- It remains for you to join your pieces of video to make a whole video.
- Téléchargez le logiciel "Easy Video Joiner".
- Lancez le logiciel.
- Cliquez sur "Add" et sélectionnez vos fichiers AVI dans l'ordre.
- Cliquez sur "Join", et donnez un nom à votre vidéo.
- (cela prend quelques minutes)
- Download "Easy Video Joiner" and click on "Add" button. Then, select your AVI files in order.
- Click on "Join" and enter a name for your video.
- (This process can takes a few minutes)
Important : If you use this tutorial to save a commercial film that happen on TV.
Note that according to an article in a magazine spread, you can save a commercial film view on TV because the channel that broadcasts this film has pay royalties for the broadcast, however it's strictly forbidden to circulate on the internet.
® InformatiWeb.net 2008-2022 - © Lionel Eppe - All rights reserved.
Total or partial reproduction of this site is prohibited and constitutes an infringement punishable by articles L.335-2 and following of the intellectual property Code.