Hiren's Boot CD (HBCD) 15.2 is a Live CD which includes some programs. It allows you to repair and / or disinfect their computer.
When you boot on this Live CD, you will find :
- The Mini Windows XP : allows you to boot your computer on a lightweight version of Windows XP
Very convenient for backing up data when Windows will no longer boot.
It also allow you to repair Windows by edit specific files or the Windows registry keys, ...
- Some DOS programs
- A live version of Linux (Parted Magic 6.7)
- The memory (RAM) test created by Microsoft : Windows Memory Diagnostic
- A well known test software for RAM sticks : MemTest86+
- The Offline NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 Password Changer program : a DOS program to remove the password of a Windows session (if you have the consent of the concerned user)
- The Seagate DiscWizard program : to clone ATA, SATA, USB and Firewire hard drives
- PloP Boot Manager and Smart Boot Manager : 2 boot managers that can allow you to boot on a specific partition, on an USB drive, ...
- Fix "NTLDR is Missing" : to fix the "NTLDR is Missing" error that Windows XP could show you at startup
- Darik's Boot and Nuke (Hard Disk Eraser) : program to erase (wipe) the hard drive
- The "Custom Menu ... (Use HBCDCustomizer to add your files)" option : allows you to add your iso files, ... to this live cd
- And more
In the Mini Windows XP, you will find many programs and the main parameters of an operating system.
You will find :
- A network connection manager (Ethernet / wired) and a program that is able to manage the wireless network connections (WiFi / Wireless)
- A disk checker (CheckDisk / CHKDSK) for repairing errors in the file system of a partition
- A disk manager
- A file manager
- The Opera web browser (though the icon is that of Internet Explorer)
- The Notepad ++ text editor
- A registry editor (local and remote). See : Hiren Boot CD - Edit the local registry of Windows
- A task manager
- A control panel
- The ability to change the keyboard language/layout (for use in any country)
- And a lot of programs available by using the "HBCD Menu" program. For more information about HBCD Menu, see our article : Hiren Boot CD - Mini Windows Xp